Tuesday 15 December 2015

Have Yourself a Grown-Up Little Christmas

Or, y'know, don't. You choose.

Today I opened a bottle of coke, felt very chuffed that it didn't spill over, had a sip, knocked it off the desk, caught it before too much fell out, mopped the worst off my jumper, face and desk, and got back on with my work. Without anyone in the office noticing. I think.

This week there's a picture.


So I started making two lists. One about being a grown-up, which I seem somewhat obsessed with, which I think means I'm very much still at the "hopelessly-trying-to-pass-as-an-adult" stage of my life, which may continue indefinitely. The other was about Christmassy things. But I only had like 3 ideas for each, so here is the combined version.

I've missed out things like:

  • You own a car and can drive it home for Christmas, +1 point
  • ... but you're very good at ignoring that weird noise it makes, -1 point
  • You bought cute stuffed toys for all the children, +1 point
  • ... but you also bought more stuffed toys for yourself, -1 point
  • ... and took the Tiny Squirrel to a Christmas market and a Christingle service, -3 points


So I drew you all a happy Christmassy picture. 



*In my quest to encourage you all to not be grown-ups, because I tried once and it's totally overrated, I feel obliged to share this (possibly again - have I ever shared this? I can't remember).


I've never tried this, and my parents' cat would very much not be up for it. Anyone got a cat I can practice on? Please, you could film it and we could become this year's internet sensation. Then me and your cat could split our new-found riches and they could eat that fancy food that doesn't smell so bad for the rest of their days, and everyone would be happy. I'm a genius, right?

Tent News!


In tent-based news, as well as a fine trickle of 2016 queries (eek!), we have a booking this weekend coming. In December! This Sunday we will be at the Aboyne Winter Festival, chillin' with Santa.
You should come and sit in our cosy tent and listen to stories being told. Not by me, don't panic, but a proper storyteller person. There'll be reindeer. Probably not in the tent, although I would totally let that happen just for the photo opportunity.



Today, for the first time in months, I woke up before the alarm went off. It used to always be the way. I'd wake up a few seconds before the beeps. For so long I've been so sleepy the alarm has been pulling me out of proper deep sleep.

So that's my wish for you. May you be sufficiently un-tired that you wake up before your alarm. clocks.

1 comment:

  1. If you are feeling amused by giftwrapped animals, I vaguely remember a video from around last Christmas of someone giftwrapping a horse. Its probably still out there on the internets!

    ReplyDelete